San Francisco de Asís Technical Drawings
The current mission chapel, dedicated in 1791, has survived earthquakes, fires, and other calamities. It is the oldest intact building in San Francisco. There are quite a few architectural drawings of this historic structure.
The mission complex extended over several acres during the mission era, and there were additional buildings to the right of the church. Pay attention to the date of each of the drawings.
Layout of the mission
Based on a plat made by G. Black of the U.S. Land Office. During the mission era, there was a large cemetery (now reduced in size) and two gardens that were part of the mission complex.
This drawing shows the mission complex at the time it was secularized, in 1834.
Conjectural Drawing Mission Dolores
A conjectural drawing of how the mission looked in about 1836.
Measured Drawing of front of Mission San Francisco de Asis
The front of the mission church in 1936
East Elevation. By L.S. Mosias, W.W. Harper and Hubert R. Hill. Historic American Buildings Survey.
Architectural Drawing of Mission Bells of Mission San Francisco de Asis
By Sadasuke Sato, 1936. Historic American Buildings Survey.
Ground Floor Plan of the church
By W.E. Huson, H.R. Hall, and O. Huber, 1936, Historic American Buildings Survey.
Architectural Drawing of Altar of San Francisco de Asis
This drawing of the Reredos is from 1936. Historic American Buildings Survey.