La Purísima Concepción Technical Drawings
La Purisima was founded in 1787 at the Indian Village of Algsacupi where a traditional mission complex was built over the next twenty-five years. .On Dec. 21, 1812 am earthquake destroyed the mission, which was then relocated to four and a half miles to the northeast. The new mission was built in a linear fashion, the only California Mission not organized around a quadrangle.
La Purisima was restored, in its linear layout with some twenty buildings, between 1934 – 1942 by the National Park Service an the Civilian Conservation Corp While we do not have architectural drawings, we know the layout and how it appeared in the mission era.